Training Programme for 2020-2021
From September on we are officially restarting the season. If the COVID-19 situation allows it, this is the normal structure for the next OUTDOOR season:
- OPEN Training on Monday: 20:15 (warmup on mini football field – no cleats) to 22:45 @Ixelles, coached by Martin L, Edouard and Valerio => starting on Monday 31/08
- MIXED Training on Thursday 20:00-22:00 @Woluwe, coached by Greg, Sam with Andrea as assistant-coach => starting on Thursday 10/09
- BEGINNERS Training on Thursday 20:00-22:00 @Woluwe, coached by Jon => starting on Thursday 10/09 (+ see dedicated section on website: https://www.xlr8rs.be/beginners/)
- WOMEN Training 1/month on Monday@Ixelles and 1/month@Woluwe on Thursday (main objective: indoor), coached by Katherine and Pablo => starting date TBC by women coaches
- U17 Training on Thursday 2/month: 18:30-20:00 @Woluwe, coached by Jon => starting on Thursday 10/09
We have three main objectives for the training:
1) Raise the overall level of the players in the Club
2) Create a competitiveness spirit and will to play Ultimate in Belgium and abroad
3) Prepare as many competitive teams as possible (at the different levels) for the spring 2021 outdoor championships
How do we intend to achieve this?
Specifically we want that everyone to have sufficient Ultimate skills and to develop them, starting from being able to:
- Catch the disc consistently (adapting to different heights)
- Throw a consistent backhand when marked (At least 8 times out of 10 you can make a successful pass 15-20 meters long).
- Throw a consistent forehand when marked (At least 8 times out of 10 you can make a successful pass 15-20 meters long).
- Have body control when in offense (Able to pivot naturally, changing grips on the disc, be able to do basic fakes..)
- Have body control when in defense (Marking: good position of body and hands, being on toes for a quick reaction..)
- Know how to position in different offensive and defensive situations
- Have a willingness to improve (listening to coaches, giving 100%….)
- Apply the Spirit and know the standard rules notions
- Be rigorous (as possible) in the attendance and on time