Frequently asked questions
Who can join ?
Non beginner: Everyone who is 15 or older and has played ultimate before. We consider any player who has less than 12 months of club experience as a beginner. If you have played in parks or at school, please join us first at the beginners practice: we will assess your level. For more information check the 2023-2024 training page
Beginner (season 2023-2024): Our goal this season is to reinforce our super competitive team of younger players. Anyone aged between 16 and 22 and in good physical shape can join. If you cannot run for 30 minutes without stopping/walking, or if you sprint 100 metres in more than 17 seconds ultimate frisbee might not be the activity you are looking for yet. We don’t accept new beginners after mid October.
Where and when ?
Beginner trainings start in September. Trainings will take place every Friday with the following schedule:
- September 8th: 20.00 till 22.00
Location is our Parc de Woluwé field
What should I bring ?
- 2 T-shirts : one black (or very very dark) and one white (or very very light). You will use them during the games at the end of the practice to differentiate the teams.
- 1 pair of sport shoes. To begin with, running shoes will be enough but if you get hooked up to the game, you are likely to consider getting shoes with plastic cleats (metal cleats are prohibited). Soccer, american football or lacrosse shoes are all a good fit.
- Water bottle
- Shower gear: showers are at our disposal at the end of the practice and we usually stick around for a beer or two…
- Jewelry is not recommended: although ultimate frisbee is theoretically a non-contact sport, in the heat of the action collisions do occur on the pitch. To avoid injuries, large earrings, bracelets, necklaces and watches are forbidden.
Parlez-vous français ? Spreken jullie Nederlands ?
XLR8RS being the reference club for expats in Brussel, we mix languages during practice. English, French and Flemish are mostly used but we repeat and translate whenever needed. Italian, Spanish and German are often heard as well.
How much does it cost ?
The first two sessions are free. Afterwards, we invite you to pay a yearly fee that covers your sport insurance, a shining new official disc, the participation at the practices as well as regional and national competitions.
We hope to see you soon on the pitch!