Join — September 2021
MIXED – FUN – FAIRPLAY – NO CONTACT – INTENSE – TACTICAL – TECHNICAL
So, you want to start playing ultimate frisbee in Brussels? Welcome!
We have summarised the Frequently Asked Questions below. If you do not find an answer to any of your questions, please contact us.
Who can join ?
Non beginner: Everyone who is 15 or older and has played ultimate before. We consider any player who has less than 12 months of club experience as a beginner. If you have played in parks or at school, please join us first at the beginners practice: we will assess your level. For more information check the 2021-2022 Trainings page.
Beginner: Any woman* who is 15 or older and in reasonable physical shape. If you cannot run for 15 minutes without stopping, ultimate frisbee is not yet the activity you are looking for. We do not accept new beginners after September.
* This year we invest in our future by recruiting as many female players as possible to strengthen our mixed and women projects. That’s why we want to exceptionally welcome women beginners only. It’s the best thing we can do for our gender balance and our future as a club.
To all interested male beginners who read this: we are sorry! We would have loved to give you a spot but there’s a limit to the amount of new people we can take in each year to guarantee a quality training for all our members.
You can still show your interest and we’ll contact you by October if we have extra spots left. In the meantime, check out the other clubs in Brussels. You can find a list of other Belgian clubs on the BFDF website: https://www.belgianultimate.be/where-to-play/.
Where and when ?
Beginner trainings start in September. Trainings will be every Thursdays from 20:00 – 22:00. Location is Parc de Woluwé on field #2 (grass).
Should I talk to someone or sign in somewhere before showing up?
We invite you to subscribe through the « I want to join » form below. This way we can keep you informed on how to subscribe to practices, and we are able to contact you if trainings open up earlier then expected or invite you to eventual beginner summer sessions.
What should I bring ?
- 2 T-shirts : one black (or very very dark) and one white (or very very light). You will use them during the games at the end of the practice to differentiate the teams.
- 1 pair of sport shoes. To begin with, running shoes will be enough but if you get hooked up to the game, you are likely to consider getting shoes with plastic cleats (metal cleats are prohibited). Soccer, american football or lacrosse shoes are all a good fit.
- Water bottle
- Shower gear: showers are at our disposal at the end of the practice and we usually stick around for a beer or two…
- Jewelry is not recommended: although ultimate frisbee is theoretically a non-contact sport, in the heat of the action collisions do occur on the pitch. To avoid injuries, large earrings, bracelets, necklaces and watches are forbidden.
Parlez-vous français ? Spreken jullie Nederlands ?
XLR8RS being the reference club for expats in Brussel, we mix languages during practice. English, French and Flemish are mostly used but we repeat and translate whenever needed. Italian, Spanish and German are often heard as well.
How much does it cost ?
The first two sessions are free. Afterwards, we invite you to pay a 100€ yearly fee that covers your sport insurance, a shining new official disc, the participation at the practices as well as regional and national competitions.
We hope to see you soon on the pitch!